Recently I have been looking into the plight of collapsing cities in America. I’m still doing research. I usually only post about 10% of what I learn on a given topic. I already knew it was bad. But I did not know HOW bad. We all know about Detroit. The collapse and failure of that city has been fairly well publicized. But that’s where I started. Check most recent posts and pages to see everything I am publishing about abandoned homes and collapsing cities in America.
One thing you will notice in these videos is that it’s not just small modest homes that people have abandoned. Huge palatial homes, grand estates and large mansions are among the casualties of abandoned homes. There are even large shopping malls that are now abandoned. It begs the question: What happened here? Why does someone walk away from a multi-million dollar property?
Tags: housing, real estate, empty homes, homelessness, abandoned properties, walking away from homes, housing collapse, real estate collapse, economic collapse in america
- Vacant Homes Plague Neighbors as Lenders Sit on the Sidelines (realestate.aol.com)
- Body parts found in bags in vacant home (wxyz.com)
- Vacant homes invite problems (indeonline.com)
- America’s Emptiest Cities (callmaggietoday.wordpress.com)
- Detroit Clears School Routes of Vacant Homes (edweek.org)
- Gorgeous Photographs Show Contrasting Views Of Detroit’s Present – And Future (fastcoexist.com)
- Urban Regeneration: Making Good Use of Vacant Structures (notebooknumbernine.wordpress.com)
- Motor City Revival Means 14-Fold Return for Home Bet (bloomberg.com)
- Graphic Illustration of America’s Decline (thetruthseeker.co.uk)