But wait, it gets WORSE. When I finally got the proper screen for http://bing.com and ran my search, here’s what came up rather than the search results:
Be sure to read that last paragraph above. Never MIND that this was the first time I have used Bing in a month, so the lame “repeated search” text just did not apply. It’s all just too creepy. Will we ever have search engines that aren’t secret spy machines? Sigh.
So … I have to admit: in 18 years of routinely using Google.com for searches, day in day out, often 10-20 times a day on a busy news day, I have NEVER had Google force me to prove that I am not a machine. So I guess for me, Google.com wins the search engine wars. Odds are I will not run another search on Bing.
Three consecutive strikes of weirdness and you’re OUT. I don’t have time for it.
- Bing Loses Its Rank,Gets Replaced By Yandex (technoworrlld.blogspot.com)
- Bill Gates On Google: “Bing Is The Better Product” (searchengineland.com)
- Bing Webmaster Tools Does That?!?!?! (stateofsearch.com)
- Bing continues to grow in the US with January’s numbers looking green (neowin.net)
- Show your love for Bing by breaking up with Google (betanews.com)