Great Britain begins airing live TV show “Sex Box” where consenting couples have sex in front of a live TV audience then later discuss their sexual performance, et al, with the audience.
The supposedly high minded premise [ Are you kidding me? ] of the new UK TV show “Sex Box” is to get a public conversation started about real sexual intimacy, as opposed to cold pornography. So say the producers of the show.
But what we all know, is that this is yet another click in the ever downward spiral of salacious voyeuristic TV. It’s no longer enough just to broadcast “reality TV” which follows a group of people through every waking and sleeping moment of their lives for [ fill-in-the-blank reasons conjured by the producers ], shows like ‘Survivor‘ or ‘Big Brother‘ – now the only thing which will satiate viewers’ appetites is to watch couples having sex on live TV, too.
The last bastion of personal privacy has now been shattered. The debauchery is complete. Consenting adults will degrade themselves and their relationship by performing the most intimate of all acts – in a box – while millions of other TV viewers watch, live, as it happens, and then “discuss it” later with the audience. Yeah. Right. Wink-wink.
I think I am going to be sick. Oh , it’s getting conversations started all right. Eeeewwwgh.
Wait – don’t tell me. I already know what’s next. The “sex box” concept will expand on TV to include private pay-per-view TV feeds of the “on the street” sex box action taking place between prostitutes and their customers. Then this too, will become a TV show once demand for free access goes from a whimper to a roar.
I actually think I now know where the original idea for this lurid TV spectacle originated. Check out this article:
- DAYS OF LOT: Gay couple to have sex live on British TV (endtimeheadlines.wordpress.com)
- Gay British Couple to Have Sex on TV, Then Discuss It (towleroad.com)
- Sex in a box (everydayobjectification.wordpress.com)
- ‘Normal sex’ is not having sex in a box in front of a studio audience | Bridget Christie (theguardian.com)
- Sex Box: couples make love on TV in ‘soundproof’ booth (theweek.co.uk)
- Mariella Frostrup’s Sex Box is just voyeurism (thetimes.co.uk)
- ‘Sex Drive In’ Opens for Business in Switzerland
- Drive-Thru Sex Boxes in Zurich Open
- Sex Box: the TV show that hopes to ‘reclaim sex from pornography’ (theguardian.com)
- Couples to have sex in TV studio for new Channel 4 programme Sex Box (metro.co.uk)
- Couples to have sex on C4 live show (bbc.co.uk)
- Highway to Hell Alert: Zurich Approves Public ‘Sex Boxes’
- Sex Box: Mariella Frostrup’s chat show with lovers (telegraph.co.uk)