Investigators have discovered a note written on the inside wall of the boat where Dzhokhar Tsarnaev hid after the gunfight with police in Watertown Massachusetts. The note claims responsibility for the Boston bombing and states that the attack was retribution for the US led wars in Iraq and Afghanistan. The note also cites Islam as the cause for the bombing.The note also states: “When you attack one Muslim, you attack all Muslims,”thus clarifying that radicalized Islamic beliefs were part of the motive for the attack.
The hand written note describes victims of the bombing as “collateral damage”. This hand written note left by Dzhokhar Tsarnaev will most likely be entered into evidence against him, and clarifies that a radicalized religious view of Islam and Muslim beliefs were part of the overall motive behind the attack.
- Note found where Dzhokhar Tsarnaev hid says bombs were for US acts in Iraq, Afghanistan, sources say – @CBSNews (cbsnews.com)
- Source: Dzhokhar Tsarnaev left ‘deathbed note’ inside boat (newsday.com)
- CBS News: Boston Marathon Bombing Suspect Left Note In Watertown Boat (boston.cbslocal.com)
- Suspect took responsibility for bombings with note in boat (upi.com)
- Boston Marathon bombings suspect Dzhokhar Tsarnaev wrote message in boat: report (thestar.com)