A British or Irish woman believed to be involved in the Kenyan Mall massacre is wanted by Interpol and an international RED NOTICE has now been issued for her arrest. 29 year old British national Samantha Lewthwaite is wanted by Interpol after witnesses and video-cams caught her entering the mall among the other Somali terrorists during the recent Kenya mall massacre. Lewthwaite has been dubbed the “White Widow.” Bomb making materials were found in her Mombasa Kenya apartment in 2011. Lewthwaite escaped before officials could arrest her in 2011 in Mombasa. Help Interpol locate her by re-posting and re-circulating this information.
Re-posted from CNN.com on 9.26.2013
- Red notices alert police that a person is wanted
- Samantha Lewthwaite has been dubbed the “White Widow”
- Al-Shabaab gunmen stormed a mall in Kenya last weekend
(CNN) — Interpol said Thursday it issued a red notice for Samantha Lewthwaite, the so-called “White Widow,” at the request of Kenyan authorities.
Reports that a white woman was among the terrorists who stormed a mall in Nairobi last weekend have prompted a slew of media speculation about Lewthwaite, a British woman whose husband was one of the suicide bombers in the 2005 London terror attacks.
Known as the “White Widow,” Lewthwaite, 29, has been wanted by international counter-terrorism officials since authorities found bomb-making materials in her Mombasa, Kenya, apartment in 2011. She vanished shortly before a raid.
Red notices issued by the international police agency alert law enforcement around the world that a person is wanted, but they are not arrest warrants.
“Through the Interpol Red Notice, Kenyan authorities have ensured that all 190 member countries are aware of the danger posed by this woman, not just across the region but also worldwide,” he said.
A senior Kenyan official said Tuesday a woman was involved in the attack. Another official said Wednesday that authorities can’t say much about who the woman was or what she was doing.
Al-Shabaab gunmen stormed the Westgate mall Saturday. At least 67 people were killed and as many as 63 people are still unaccounted for.
- Irish woman, the “White Widow”, suspected of involvement in Kenyan terror attack (irishcentral.com)
- SA to probe ‘white widow’ passport (iol.co.za)
- Is ‘White Widow’ Samantha Lewthwaite Behind Nairobi Westgate Mall Attack? (theepochtimes.com)
- Kenya mall attack: Who is Samantha Lewthwaite, the ‘White Widow’? (dnaindia.com)
- Nairobi: Terror raid ‘led by white widow’: Gang mastermind in veil barked orders at gunmen in mall massacre that left three Britons dead (dailymail.co.uk)
- Nairobi massacre led by white English widow (ebijeisrael.wordpress.com)
- Did housewife Samantha Lewthwaite mastermind Nairobi siege that cost 67 lives? (express.co.uk)
- British ‘white widow’ rumours swirl in Kenya attack (capitalfm.co.ke)
- Kenyan massacre: Body of white woman terrorist found at scene after final assault (unilagolosho.wordpress.com)
- ‘White Widow’: Link to Kenya mall attack? (wyff4.com)